Issues dont update "Updated at" when a development commit is made (via Github)

Stuart Speidel November 13, 2017

Issues don't update "Updated at" when a development commit is made on that issue number (via Github).
I have tried to achieve something similar using Workflow and triggers, but when the issue is already "In Progress" it doesn't trigger a transition. I added a custom field and tried to append something to it, just to trigger an update, but the transition doesn't fire.

Would be handy for the JIRA to say it was updated when a commit is made. The count of commits does go up. I just can't easily show when the last commit was made without drilling into the development page.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

Hi Stuart,

You can take some actions with Smart commits - have you checked these out? https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/processing-jira-software-issues-with-smart-commit-messages-298979931.html

You could get fancy by having some workflow transitions that update a commit count and trigger the transition using a Smart Commit. But for what you described, just having the commit make a comment on the issue would trip the "Updated at" time for the issue. You can make a comment via commit by putting #comment in your commit message followed by whatever you want to post to JIRA:

JRA-34 #comment corrected indent issue

Cheers,
Daniel

P.S. If you feel like this answer helped, please hit the checkmark to the left to mark it as answered. This helps us focus our efforts on unsolved questions. Thanks!

Suggest an answer