Issues created with wrong user.

Eddie Grosbøl-Rais April 9, 2013

We have two ldap-directories with different useres but with same email.

That is causing us problems when looking up users when jira is receiving emails.

The issue is created with the wrong user.

We use the embedded crowd for user management. My understanding is that user authenticating match the first entry in the list then the next.

Jira version 5.2

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2013

Hi Eddie,

Since there are 2 users having the same email, I believe that this may be the reason why issues are created with the wrong user. However, may I know if the user himself created the issue, or other user created the issue on behalf of the affected user?

Anyway for your information, when there are duplicated account (more than 1 user created under a single email), then I believe that JIRA will use the first user of that email, hence the said problem occured.

Since this is the case, to fix the problem I believe that you will have to update the affected users and ensure that the users have a distinct email address. After making the changes towards the user detail in the LDAP directory, then you may synchronize JIRA with the directory to update the record.

I hope that this will help.

0 votes
Eddie Grosbøl-Rais April 17, 2013

The answer from Ahmad was sufficient for my question. I have disablet the Directory which made the problem and working on a solution for renabling the directory.

Suggest an answer