Issues appear in the sprint even after mapping resolved/closed/done status in the last column.

rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2017

Hi,
we have the problem that, if I close a sprint and move open/in progress etc" tickets into the new sprint SOME of the resolved tickets are ALSO in the new sprint which is wrong.
my question is why? The tickets are done = resolved
1. why are they in the new sprint
2. why some of them and not all of them
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/closed-or-resolved-issues-are-appearing-in-the-scrum-board-backlog-779159078.html
The resolution mentioned in this doc didn't work!

Thanks for your help to fix the problem
Note:
Issues those are resolved do not have sub-tasks

regards

3 answers

0 votes
ashish.mishra January 28, 2020

i am also facing the similar issue the solution mentioned is  out of mind do not understod

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Hi @ashish.mishra 

I'm not sure which part you don't understand, but I'll try to explain.

For a ticket to be Done according to Jira, it needs to be in the right hand column AND it needs the resolution to be set. You need to check that every workflow transition to the right hand column sets the resolution to a value.

What issue are you seeing and does this help? Are you having all issues moving to the next sprint, or only some, like the original question?

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2017

Hi Rahul

The way that Jira knows that an issue is "done" has 2 parts to it. The first and obvious one to most people is that it is in the right hand column on the board. The other is that it needs to have the value of the Resolution field set to something (Done, Won't Fix, Duplicate etc.) Most workflows are set up so that at some point (usually as it moves into the right hand column, but not always), a popup dialog appears where the user is expected to choose the Resolution. It sounds as if your workflow has this, but there is a route to get to the right hand column without setting the resolution.

So please look carefully at your workflow

0 votes
Beejal _London_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2017

Hi @rahuldanwade

If the tickets are in a resolved status they should also have a resolution set, can you see what this is?

Kind regards

Beejal

Suggest an answer