Issues Under an Epic which is Linked to another Issue Type and JIRA project

JIRAuser November 19, 2019

Scenario:

JIRA Project A has Initiative X

JIRA Project B has Epic Y with some stories

JIRA Project C has Epic Z with some stories

Epic Y and Z have the same title

Link exists between Initiative X to Epic Y and Epic Z... for example "Requirement for..."

How do I create a query to bring back all issues under Epic Y and Z due to having a link with Initiative X

Something like below gives me back all issues that have a link between project A to B and C, but, I want to know if its possible to do the link at only the epic level and get back all stories under the epic... or is it required to put the link between each story in Projects B and C to Initiative X in Project A?

project in (B, C) AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = A, "Requirement For")

Some

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Magny-Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2019

Hi @JIRAuser ,

Did you try the funtion

issueFunction in issuesInEpics()

?
Also, you maybe try to use filters to go for more complex requests, you may take a look to this documentation:
https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_more_complex_examples 

Hope it helps !

JIRAuser November 20, 2019

Thank you. That link helped me determine a way. 

I created a filter within a filter.

project in (B, C) AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = A", "Depends On")

Save that as a filter... let's call it Filter 1

This brings back all the epics that have the link "Depends On"

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("filter = 'Filter 1'")

This brings back all the issues within the epics brought back by the first filter.

Now I can use this understanding to further expand the statement in the future.

Thanks for leading me in the correct direction!

Suggest an answer