Issues & Sub Tasks

Is there a way to automatically create a pre-set number of sub tasks when I create a new issue on a project.

So when I create a cretin type of issue I would like a number of pre-defined sub tasks to be automatically generated along with that issue?

So I do not have to create them each time?

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments Closed
This widget could not be displayed.

The Script Runner Plugin has a built-in post-function to 'Create a Sub-task':

This is very similar to "Clone an Issue" above, except that it will create a sub-task. This function could be used multiple times to create several sub-tasks, for instance if you have an issue type that requires approval by 3 groups you might create a sub-task to represent each approval, and use the "Transition parent when all subtasks are resolved" to automatically transition the parent when each sub-task has been approved.

You can see more about this post-function here: Create a Sub-task

Thanks this was helpful. I have to install the UPM first. Struggling with this bit. I have a hosted version of JIRA and cannot locate home directory which the install guide speaks off. I suppose it is different for hosted and I will have to research that.

Thanks for your help

You will need to write a workflow post function plugin to do this.

Thanks this was helpful. I have to install the UPM first. Struggling with this bit. I have a hosted version of JIRA and cannot locate home directory which the install guide speaks off. I suppose it is different for hosted and I will have to research that.

Thanks for your help

Create on Transition Plugin for JIRA provides a post function to create a sub task. One or more of these can be associated to the create issue transition. With CSOT-16 , the creates can be conditioned based on project or other issue information so that different sets of subtasks can be created for different situations.

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

216 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you