IssueType Scheme migration loses custom field data

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2013

Hi,

While migrating issueType scheme I lost custom field data for the "Story" issue type, it was initially a different issueType with a specific custom field. Now after I migrated the the issueType scheme the new issueType has that custom field on the Screen Scheme but the data is gone?

Note - During IssuType scheme migration that custom field wasn't configured for the new issueType, after the migration i configured the custom field for the new issueType and also placed it on the viewIssue Screen of the issueType but the data isn't there any longer.

Isn't the custom field data linked toissueKey in the database, if thats the case then I should be able to see the data now.

Thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2013

It highly depends on how you migrate the IssueType scheme, and what tools that you use to end up with this result.

As you have already know as well, the customfieldvalue is entirely different from issuetype scheme and should not have the value migrated if you just migrate the issuetype scheme.(Presuming help from a plugin or tool).

Perform a full restore with the production's backup data will make sure the consistentcy is maintained between two instances and having the same value in the database. Other than that, it will still fall back to how you migrate the data in the database to your test instance.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2013

select * from customfieldvalue where issue=(select id from jiraissue where pkey='JRA-5448')

I ran a query similar to the above one, in both prod and test, In prod it returns me the result but in test it doesn't return any result! does the data get deleted while IssueType Scheme migration?

Suggest an answer