IssueService permissions problem?

Timothy Harris May 10, 2015

Using Script runner and JIRA 6.3.7, I am getting an error when updating an issue with IssueService that looks incorrect to me.

CustomField cfSprint = cfMgr.getCustomFieldObjects(mutableIncomplete).find {it.name == 'Sprint'}
IssueInputParameters issueInputParameters = issueService.newIssueInputParameters()
issueInputParameters.addCustomFieldValue(cfSprint.getIdAsLong(),null);

valRes = issueService.validateUpdate(authContext.getUser().getDirectoryUser(), mutableIncomplete.getId(),issueInputParameters);

The validation result fails with:

You do not have permission to edit issues in this project. 

But I have the permissions on this project...

I have assigned myself all the roles in this project. Most of these roles have the edit issue permission in the permission scheme.

I can edit and transition the issues in the UI.

Is there something I am missing here with IssueService?

5 answers

0 votes

Yeps. Should have thought about that before :P

0 votes

Uhmm, maybe I have to move it out of closed status first...

0 votes

Basic scenario is that we are using sub tasks with hours and standard issue types with story points. When closing out a sprint the Scrum master wants to be able to pull a story with incomplete sub tasks to the close issue column. If there are unresolved sub tasks then the script should create a clone with no story points, move resolved sub tasks under it and then move original story out of sprint. The want to keep the hours they spent in the sprint in the burn downs but not earn story points. I just can't seem to get story out of sprint...

0 votes

Post function

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2015

How is the script running... service, post-function, console etc?

Suggest an answer