IssueFunction is giving back "Field "" does not exist"

Lance Wadman March 7, 2019

We just moved to the cloud from the server.  I was running three scripts to collect CapEx time.  We tie all Stories to Epics and several of the stories have sub-tasks.  We record if the Epics are CapEx or OpEx.  I was trying to capture the time (from Tempo) from all the time captured on the Epic, all stories tied to the Epic, and all Sub-tasks tied to the stories that were tied to the Epics that have CapEx.  The three JQL were below.

Script 1 (Fitler 15433): expenditures = Capex

Script 2 (Filter 15434): 

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("filter=15433") AND issuetype not in (Bug) OR issuetype = epic AND filter = 15433

Script 3 (Filter 15435): 

issueFunction in subtasksOf("filter=15434") OR filter = 15434

I would run the script three in Tempo and get the times from all the epics, stories tied to epics, and subtasks of associcated stories when Epics had expenditure = CapEx.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

Hello Lance,

As you can see in this documentation, The JQL function issuesInEpics that you are trying to use is not available on the cloud version of ScriptRunner yet, so this option will not work for you on Cloud.

That been said, there are other add-ons that provide you a similar functionality on JIRA Cloud. I recommend you to try the Sub-tasks and Epic JQL functions provide by the add-on JQL Search Extensions for JIRA.

Check the documentation below to know how you can build your JQLs to meet your need:

JQL Search Extensions Reference

Let us know if this option helped. Have a nice day! :)

Suggest an answer