Issue/worry in regards to FishEye licence.

Aaron Hay February 26, 2014

Hi All,

We currently have JIRA(5.2.9), FishEye(3.0.1), Bonfire and Bamboo(4.4.5) and all are currently running with 25 user licences. Due to our teams getting bigger, we have upgraded our JIRA and Bonfire licences to 50 users and plan to apply the licences when we go to upgrade the versions of our Atlassian software.

I am wondering if someone can assist me with an issue/worry I have in regards to my FishEye licence. We don’t want to upgrade our FishEye licence if we don’t have to as we only have a max of about 15 developers committing code to our projects. My issue is that when I try to sync the users from JIRA across to FishEye, it pulls the first 25 users and stops. Some of these users have since left the organisation and have been deactivated in JIRA to keep the user count down. When I delete a user from FishEye and re-sync with JIRA it again brings these users who we don’t want in FishEye which is filling up our licence.

• · Should create a separate user directory for FishEye (will the JIRA integration still work)?
  • · Upgrade the user licence to 50 users as well?
  • · Does the new versions of FishEye/JIRA fix this issue?
  • · Something else I haven’t thought of?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aaron Hay February 26, 2014

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately we are not using Crucible.

I think I have found the answer in another question (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/240127/jira-crucible-and-fisheye-user-management-problems). It looks like my FishEye instance was originally configured to sync all users in the group “jira-users”. I have now created a new group in JIRA called “fisheye-users” and done a re-sync which has fixed the issue completely.

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2014

Ah, I see Aaron - glad you got it sorted.

The instructions I posted above would work exactly the same for both FishEye and Crucible, just in case you'd prefer to provision users to FishEye in a more ad-hoc fashion.

Cheers,

Nick

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2014

Hi Aaron,

Please don't worry!

FishEye supports exactly what you need. Instead of synchronising ALL THE USERS from JIRA into Crucible, use the "Auto Add: Create a user on Successful login" option in your Authentication settings in the Crucible Admin.

Then disable User Synchronisation entirely.

This means, any users who log-in to Crucible will have an Account created on-demand for them. And those in your company who don't use the product, wont have an account and therefore wont be taking a license.

See the following screenshot of optimal settings for you:

Suggest an answer