Issue with scrum board

Jibran Shajie April 16, 2019

Hi Folks,

I had created the user stories which were appearing in Kanban board. Later we shifted to scrum board because of the project demand. Just after creating the scrum board, all the stories were visible in the backlog. Strangely, the backlog of scrum board is empty when I logged in today. I can see the stories in Kanban board only.

Did anyone encounter such issue anytime or can help me with the same?

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

can you provide the following:

• screenshot of your current active sprint/backlog boards
  • filter for the board

other things to try:

• recreate the board
  • use the filter from the board and paste into the search for issues bar. inspect the issues and statuses

Hi Jack,

The filter which I am using is: "project = CM ORDER BY Rank ASC"

On search, it is giving me appropriate results.

Following is the screenshot for the board:

Sprints and Backlog.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

well i don't see anything obvious here. if you are seeing issues when you search for the project as stated or click on Issues and filters then something is certainly odd. I'm wondering about a potential addon conflict, do you have any? you might what to report to Atlassian Support.

Even I do not see anything wrong though. Yes, let me ask the support team for the same.

0 votes
Libu B April 16, 2019

Most likely it has got to do with the board filter. Go to the Board settings on the scrum board and check the filter that is configured. You might have to update the filter to show stories on the board. While you are at it, it is worthwhile to check the columns and status that are configured for the scrum board.

Hi Libu,

I tried all the approaches which you mentioned but nothing seems to be working out. 

Libu B April 16, 2019

Mate, can you provide  a screenshot of the column configuration of the scrum board. I am fairly certain that there are unmapped statuses in the column configuration .

Is it? Can you please help me out if that is the case? Following is the screenshot:

Columns.png

Libu B April 16, 2019

I see two issues in the screenshot

1. There are no issues in the any of the status. In Progress, QA, UAT, all of them shows zero issues. It would be great if you could checked the statuses of  the issues returned from the filter configured on the scrum board. are there any issues which are in these status that are configured in the columns
  2. The first column is in Grey color. Ideally it should have been blue. the middle columns in Yellow and the last one Green

Did someone try to play around with the workflow and then didn't map the status from old workflow to new?

I tried to assign the status to the issues but they are still not showing up in the sprint board. From the filter also I am getting all the issues. 

I am getting only grey, blue and green coloured columns.

Suggest an answer