Issue with groovy in scriptrunner

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

I am using scriptrunner Create Subtask postfunction. I need to set the value for a customfield (type text unlimited). This is my Addictional issue actions code:

import org.apache.log4j.Category
def Category log = Category.getInstance("com.onresolve.jira.groovy.ActualizaTerms")
log.setLevel(org.apache.log4j.Level.DEBUG)
log.debug('Value:' + issue.assignee.displayName)
log.debug('Value:' + issue.assignee.emailAddress)

issue.description = 'Terms'
def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == 'Terms'}
def value = """

${issue.assignee.displayName}

${issue.assignee.emailAddress}

"""
issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf, value)

But CF "Term" is blank. The 2 debug statements show the right value for assignee's name and email though.

Any ideas why the string substirution ${} is not working here?

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

Try not to use $ in GStrings within the script. Write

def value = issue.assignee.displayName + "\n" + issue.assignee.emailAddress

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2014

Thanks, that works.

It's strange though. I've used $ in other GStrings and it works OK.

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2014

Yes, it's strange. I think it has something to do with evaluating a script in a script, or so :-)

Suggest an answer