Issue with csv import to jira

N.Aishwarya Janani February 6, 2019

Hi, 

I am trying to import a csv file to jira, the 'updated date' shows the current date and time whereas I need the 'updated date' to be the exact date mentioned in my CSV file. What should be done?

Kindly help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2019

Hello Aishwarya,

Can you confirm if you are using JIRA Server or Cloud?

Also, can you provide us with a screenshot of how you are mapping the updated field to your issues?

As you can see in the screenshot below, you should map the Update field to the Date Modified in order to add the date you have configured in the CSV:

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 11.14.45.png

Let me know if it has worked for you.

N.Aishwarya Janani February 20, 2019

Hi Petterson, 

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did map the 'Updated' field to the 'Date Modified' field with the date format used in the CSV file.

However, when I am trying to re-import the CSV file, the 'Updated' field gets set to the current date and time. Hence, I guess it should be one time import rather re-importing my CSV file to avoid this issue.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2019

Hello Aishwarya,

That's weird... I was able to properly update the Updated field with the date placed in the CSV by performing the steps I mentioned.

Anyway, if you think this is a big deal for you, feel free to open a support ticket so we can look further into the problem:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Have a nice day!

N.Aishwarya Janani February 20, 2019

Hi Petterson,

Sure. Thank you.

Suggest an answer