Issue with additional column creation in Agile Jira

Kirk December 28, 2013

Hi All,

I am having issues with my creating a new column for my board in Agile. I have created a scrum board which as standard contains To Do, In Progress, Done - I wish to add 'QA' after 'In Progress' it is allowing me to create it and locate the column but when I click back to the 'work' toggle the column is not present!

I have read through the support documentation but nothing has helped. It says that I am using 'Simplified Workflow' but when I click on Simplified Workflow I receieve the following response below in red. I would be very greatful if someone could assist with this issues,

Best

There currently exists an active workflow 'Agile Simplified Workflow for Project MVP'. This conflicts with the Agile Simplified Workflow management. Please rename or remove the existing workflow before attempting to convert project MVP.

3 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

This maybe related to this question.

0 votes
Kirk December 29, 2013

Hi Taiwo,

Yes my column is present in my workflow when I check back on it but not present on my scrumboard so my team cannot see nor use it when moving stories.

On the board configuration screen it states I am using 'simplify workflow' when I click on the button it present an error message stating:

"There currently exists an active workflow ‘Agile Simplified Workflow for Project MVP. This conflicts the Agile Simplified Workflow management. Please rename or remove the existing workflow before attempting to convert project MVP"

I wonder if this is the issue and if so how do I go about reosolving it ?

I have read through the documentation thoroughly but can't find a solution.

Many thanks for you help

0 votes
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2013

Hi Kirk, not sure I got the picture correctly but:

where you able to map your new column to the relevant steps in your workflow?

Do you have issues on this board using steps from your existing active workflow already, especially steps that you have not added to the board's columns?

Suggest an answer