Issue with Transitions tab in JIRA

Srilatha Pokala September 5, 2017

We are currently using JIRA 6.4.10 version;  As per our business process auditing purposes we need extract JIRA Issue transitions information (Ideally who/when/from status to staus information).

Transitions tab NOT showing correct information if JIRA Issue has been moved to same status for several times.

History tab seems to be showing correct status, issue exists only in transitions tab.

Note: Transitions tab added by JIRA Suite Utilities plugin

Any ideas? Any plugins to fix the transitions tab information?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2017

What do you think is wrong with the transistions tab?

history_tab.jpgtransitions_tab.jpg

Attached document with screenshots for reference.

History tab and Transitions tab does not match.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2017

Looks ok to me.  It's counting up the transitions correctly I think.

counting up the transitions is correct. But it does not give you the exact statuses that issue moved to, as the History tab does.

In Tranistions tab i was expecting to see:

Management Coordinator Review -> Code Development

Code Development -> Management Coordinator Review

Code Development -> Awaiting Code Review Assignment  

Awaiting Code Review Assignment-> Code Development

Code Development -> Management Coordinator Review

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2017

Yes it does.  There's 3 Management Coordinator Review to Code Development in the history, 3 in your comment and 3 recorded in the transistions tab.  That is what it is supposed to do - count up the numbers.

No issue with Execution Times at all, but the order does not look correct.

As i mentioned above, i like to see status to status in each seperate line instead consolidating based on status

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2017

That's not what the transition tab is for.  It's for reporting on the numbers of executions.

Suggest an answer