Issue with Text Field

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013

I have a custom field of type Text (unlimited multiline). I placed this field in a tab.

When I edit the issue, below the field there is a comment box. When creating the issue that box is not shown.

In the screen schema I am using the same screen for create, view and edit the issue.

Is this a bug? This is Jira 6.0

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

if you want to restrict comment on project level then try as @Nic said.

if you don't want to add comment on edit page then try with following code

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready( function($) {
JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function(e,context) {
    callCommentHideFunction();
}); 
callCommentHideFunction();
function callCommentHideFunction(){
    if($('#edit-issue-submit').val() =='Update'){
        $(".wiki-edit").hide();
		$("label[for='comment']").hide();
    }
}
});

</script>

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2013

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. Turns out that Jira is showing the comment box in every tab in the issue, and that looks wierd, but with this code I was able to hide it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2013

No. You aren't expected to make a comment when creating an issue - the information you might want to put in a comment is almost always what you should be putting in the description anyway.

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2013

Do you know how to get rid of that comment box?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2013

Remove the permissions for the users to comment.

Suggest an answer