Issue with Sprints in JIRA for a particular project

swati gupta May 21, 2019

Issues are moved from one Sprint to another even when the Sprint Is not completed (the issues not in Done status either move to Backlog or other chosen sprints when completing the sprint) and data is lost.

The problem could be that the Board used are Kanban boards which does not support the functionality.

Sprint_Issue.png

The sprint ids also got lost in the project once the sprint is closed and says you do not have permissions to view the Sprint or it does not exists anymore.

Please be so kind to share your suggestions on the sprint/boards issue in JIRA and let us know if there are any changes made to the boards in new releases?

Please let me know if more inputs are required from my end in order to make the issue more clear?

Thank You!!

4 answers

0 votes
swati gupta August 21, 2019

User has tried to use Scrum board instead of Kanban board but still the sprints are moving to another.

Can anyone help me?

Thank You!!

swati gupta August 27, 2019

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- @ Sreenivasaraju P.

Can you please help me. Its urgent!!

0 votes
swati gupta August 8, 2019

Hi Atlassian Team,

Can anyone help me with the above issue? Its been quiet long and the issue still persists.

Thank you!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2019

The answer has not changed - one of your people is deleting them.  Jira does not have any functions to delete without humans (or apps) doing it.

swati gupta August 20, 2019

Hi Nic,

Thank You for the reply.

But no one is deleting the sprints and the issue is still the same that the data of sprint is moving to another sprint automatically.

Can you or anyone provide any other solution for the same?

Its very urgent to find out the reason for the same.

Appreciate your kind help!!

Thank You

swati gupta September 3, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- @Atlassian @[deleted] 

Can anyone help me with the Sprint issue? Its very urgent

Thank You!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

There is nothing more I can help you with directly.

It's no good saying "no one is removing issues from sprints" or "no one is deleting sprints" - someone is.  There is nothing in Jira that would do it without a human triggering that action. (Although, it may be automated or scripted, it is still initiated by a human)

You need to find out who is doing it and stop them.

0 votes
swati gupta July 8, 2019

Hi Atlassian Team,

Can anyone help me with the above issue? Its been quiet long and the issue still persists.

Thank you!!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2019

I think you need to look at what is removing the issues from the sprints.

Jira will only move issues from one sprint to another when

• A sprint ends, and there are open issues in the current sprint
  • A human, or human created automation/script, edits the issue and changes or removes the sprint data
  • A human deletes a sprint

My best guess is that the people using your Kanban boards are editing issues in such a a way that it moves the issues out of the sprints they are currently in. 

For "sprint does not exist", that really does sound like people are deleting sprints.

What we really could use is an example of an issue to which this happens, and a look at the history of the issue around the time it moves sprint.

swati gupta June 4, 2019

Hi Nic,

Thank You for your answer. But people are not deleting the sprints manually. 

It is weird that the sprint is closed the sprint id does not exists anymore. Earlier everything was working fine with the same board, same filters. 

But now sprints are showing different behavior.

Thank You!!

Suggest an answer