Issue with JIRA & Slack Integration

Rob C October 1, 2019

Hi All,

We are running two separate JIRA cloud instances. Let's call one A1 and the other A2. 

Whenever I want to create a JIRA issue, I simply type /jira create, hit Enter, and then it asks me to pick a site first (A1 or A2) and then I can enter all the remaining details.

Here is a screenshot of what I see: 

Screenshot 2019-10-01 at 15.19.35.png

Some colleagues don't get this, though. They only see this:

jiracreate.png

Their integration completely skips the part of selecting the correct JIRA site. For them, it automatically defaults to our A2 Jira cloud instance. They don't have the option to select Jira cloud instance A1.

Would anybody know what to do here? We have some users, as myself, who are presented with the Jira site drop-down and some who don't and where it defaults to Jira cloud site A2.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob

1 answer

0 votes
Trevor Thompson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2019

Hey Rob,

Users will see the site selector only if they are members of multiple sites with the same Atlassian ID. 

>They don't have the option to select Jira cloud instance A1.

Can you confirm if these users have access to A1 with the same Atlassian ID? I believe if you have the users go to https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/products they should be able to see which sites they have access to.

Hope this helps
Trevor Thompson
Product Manager, Product Integrations

Rob C October 1, 2019

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the response. It looks like you're on the right track. When I click your link, I can see both, A1 and A2.

However, the users who have the issue only see A2. 

How can I assign A1 to them or make them be part of both? They can already sign in to both instances with the same Google account.

Would it have something to do with the fact that we have G-Suite authentication enabled on A1 but not on A2?

Regards,

Rob

Trevor Thompson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2019

Hey again Rob, do you mind opening a support ticket at support.atlassian.com ? This one seems tricky and I think we may need to take a peek at some more detailed information to help you resolve it. It will still come in through our pipeline and we'll make sure we can help you figure it out :) 

Rob C October 4, 2019

Hi Trev,

Just did. Thanks for your help so far! 

Regards,

Rob

Suggest an answer