Issue with Epic Colour vs Epic Color

Johnathan Smith June 9, 2015

We are trying to import a JIRA project from the cloud to a in-house version of JIRA..  

it looks like we are about 95% done... if I try to import the project to the new server I get the following:
Errors The data mappings have produced errors, you can not import this project until all errors have been resolved. See below for details. Custom Field Configuration The custom field 'Epic Colour' of type 'Color of Epic' is required for the import but does not exist in the current JIRA instance.... but I dont see any type "Color of Epic" please help

The issue is that:

Epic Colour LOCKED Epic Color field for JIRA Agile use only. Color of Epic but on the in-house version of JIRA Agile 6.7.2 installed we dont have "Epic Colour" we have: Epic Color LOCKED Epic Color field for JIRA Agile use only. Color of Epic so the fields dont match... what can we do?

6 answers

0 votes
Juergen Lanner March 21, 2017

Hi Johnathan, did you find a way to overcome the problem then? How?
Thx Juergen 

Juergen Lanner March 22, 2017

Renaming the field solved the problem for me. A howto can be found in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35937

0 votes
Michael Steiner August 18, 2016

you can update the table in the database of your JIRA

in SQL it is located here

"SELECT id,customfieldtypekey,cfname from customfield where cfname like 'epic%'"

0 votes
Michael Steiner August 18, 2016

it is the system language   EN US vs EN UK

Martin Zdarsky August 18, 2016

yes it is US vs UK. Imagine you need to merge 2 instances of JIRA together. One with UK and the second with US.

0 votes
Martin Zdarsky February 8, 2016

still happening for JIRA 7.0.10

0 votes
Johnathan Smith June 9, 2015

We are running.. JIRA Agile 6.7.2 in-house and the cloud is running 6.5-OD-03-002... I was told to upgrade to 6.7.2 in-house

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2015

What versions are you using of JIRA Agile/Greenhopper on both?

Suggest an answer