Issue with Auto Close SLA and related automation

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2021

I want my incident issuetypes to auto-close from resolved to closed after X period of time (testing @ 24h).  I am seeing an error but very little detail is displayed.  how can I troubleshoot this to determine cause of failure?

automation issue.PNGtime to close.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

Can you share your automation?

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2021

Thanks for prompt reply @Jack Brickey , here is automation:

automation.PNG

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2021

Here is my workflow to cover all bases!

workflow.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

Do you have any conditions or validators? If you try to transition an issue to closed manually do you have to specify any fields? Have you considered using new automation?

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2021

@Jack Brickey , there are no conditions or validators on the transition.  No comment form either.  I can close the issue without any trouble from resolved to closed statuses

I have not considered using a new automation as this one is new.  Do I need to have anything in the "If" section of the automation or is "any items" okay? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2021

I wonder if it might be a permissions issue. Can you verify the user the rule is running under and ensure they have permission to transition the issue? This is why I like the new automation because the logs will give you much more information as to what’s going on in case of a failure.

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2021

@Jack Brickey  the automation is running under my account.  I definitely have the correct perms.  Thanks for your help in resolving.  I still haven't a clue why it is not working...

Suggest an answer