Issue with Activity Stream

I have an activity stream in the System Dashboard with one filter, Actvity is: issue created, closed, resolved. Limit to 15 items.

Issues created today are not being shown (there are more than 5 of them). If I change the filter to Activity is: issue created, then it shows issues from 5 days ago.

I have reindexed and the results are the same.

Any hints what might be going wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

I decided to turn off the activities filters, so I see all activity in the instance. Not what I wanted but the filters made the stream too erratic and misleading.

Hi Adolfo,

Did you verify if there is any project being specified in a global filter? In case it is, did you check if you have all the necessary permissions to view the issues from it? If there is a project specified, the filter will only bring results from this specific project.

Regards,

Pietro Schaff

No, there is no Project filter defined, only Activities.

If I may contribute, if no project is selected, it should display issues from all projects nevertheless.

Also, if you don't have 'Browse Project' permission, you won't be able to view the issues.

Does the gadget appear empty, or it doesn't appear at all? Any error/warning message is displayed?

I have Browse Projects in all projects, actually if I go the Project Activity it shows the latest activity in the projects.

There is no error displayed, it is showing issues that just don't make sense. I guess there is something wrong with the filters, because if I turn off any filtering it shows the latest activities from all projects.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,246 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you