Issue while querying on components

sid pan October 27, 2014

I am trying to search for tests of a particular component and trying to save the filter, but its not working. Could someone point me to the required syntax.

I went to the search issues page and did: (issuetype=Test and "Automation Status"="Fully Automated").

Here automation status is a custom field which has one of the values as Fully Automated

3 answers

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2014

If "Automation Status" is a custom field of type Text you need to use following syntax (with contains operator)

issuetype=Test and "Automation Status"~"Fully Automated"
0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2014

Have you tried

issuetype=Test and "Automation Status" in ("Fully Automated")

sid pan October 27, 2014

Yes..didnt work

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2014

Whether the custom fields Apply to issues special  projects

Try to increase in the query like issuetype=Test and "Automation Status"="Fully Automated" and project = xxxx

sid pan October 27, 2014

Even that is not working, so basically I have tried searching in 3 places 1. the search test page [project = 10000 and issuetype = 10000 and "Automation Status"="Fully Automated"] 2. In a particular test cycle in a version: Here searching is not possible as custom fields are not showing up in the columns. 3. Search issues page. None of them is working I read somewhere that querying on custom fields is not possible, is that true?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2014

Could you tell me the value of this field is manually choose, or according to the process to determine automatic filling?

sid pan October 29, 2014

Didnt get your question..could you please elaborate? This field is a drop-down and has a set of values that I have defined

Suggest an answer