Issue type permission/security

Rasmus Eimla November 8, 2015

Hi,

I have a question about Issue type security. Is it possible to deny some user groups from seeing certain issue types in the project?

For example: We have a Project A, two usergroups (let's say group 1 and 2) and we are using three issue type - Bug, Task, Change Request. Group 1 may see all issues, but group 2 may only see Bug and Task related cases.

In Issue Security Levels there is no option to separate Issue types, every security level applies to the whole project and group 2 needs to see everything related to Bug and Task issue type, not only the ones that are assigned to them or reported by them.

Issue Type Filter will only help me to hind Change Request option when creating a case, but users in group 2 will still be able to see them.

Is it somehow possible to prevent users in group 2 from seeing Change Request related cases in JIRA?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Elif Alverson November 10, 2015

Hello, can you please explain to me how I can determine the security/permission levels on the workflows? All I see is Permissions/ Roles under the projects. Where can I change the security/permission level of a workflows?

Thank you!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2015

No, permissions are done at a project level.

You've already hit the work-around - issue security can be used to do issue type visibility.  The way to tie it to issue type is to set security levels in the workflow, and have different workflows for different issue types.

Rasmus Eimla November 11, 2015

We have a different workflow for Change Request. What I have done is that I added Property to all the states. For example I added jira.permission.browse.group Propery key to the Done status and defined group 1 in the Property Value and now only users in group 1 could see Change Request cases that are in Done state. But there is still one problem, users from group 2 can see the Change Request titles (only titles). I would like to make those cases totally invisible to them.