Issue type field configuration problem

shishakt kumar January 5, 2018

Hi All,
I have an XRAY project in which I have multiple issue types.
I want to make a field as required for only selected issue types, but while creating other issues also it is asking for that required field, while the field is also not added in that the other issue types.
Please help me.

Thanks,
Shishakt Kumar

2 answers

0 votes
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 31, 2018

Hi Shishakt Kumar,

When fields are set as required they are so in a global context.
So this is an issue that is related to Jira functionalities and not with Xray.

Here are a couple of links with helpful information on this subject:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-I-make-a-custom-field-required-on-one-screen-and-not/qaq-p/61472
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-make-jira-applications-fields-required-in-a-workflow-transition-691011903.html?_ga=2.239693763.1765895992.1517217442-1563576732.1515759988

Best regards,

Xpand Add-ons Team

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

You need for each issuetype within your Project an own Field Configuration.  Then assign within your Field Configuration Scheme the correct Field Configuration to each Issuetype.

Hi Udo,
Thanks for reply.

Yes correct Udo, but in my scenario the field which I need to make it as required is not added to some issue-types ( for ex: Test Set).
Still it is asking for the value of that field, while creating a Test Set.

Thanks
Shishakt

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

You have a Field Configuration where this field is required and you are using this Field Configuration for Test Set. So you need another Field Configuration  (FCB) where this field is not required. Within your Field Configuration Scheme you have to assign FCB to the issuetype Test Set. That should solve your Problem.

Hi Udo,
Please tell me process by process or can you give some video link or some blog link from where I can refer process by process.

Thanks,
Shishakt

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2018

Suggest an answer