Issue type dropdown missing values

Lillian Shibata-Salley October 2, 2017

I have 13 issue types but in Create, I can only see 10 - is that the max??

3 answers

0 votes
Michael Thompson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2017

I am experiencing the same problem. A user reported she wanted to change an issue type to Bug but it isn't listed. I checked the Issue Type Scheme in use and Bug is there, 1 of 8 types available. When I look at the ticket (logged in as an admin) and try to change Issue Type, only 4 of the 8 types are listed, and Bug is not one of them.

I tried re-indexing the project but that had no affect. I am running JIRA server 7.3.3

0 votes
Lillian Shibata-Salley October 2, 2017

No has all of them.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

Check the issue type scheme for the project - I suspect that only has 10 issue types.

Nikhil July 4, 2022

I am facing this issue as well. We have 32 issue types in a issuetype scheme but only 14 are listed in the create issue dropdown. I don't the the new one that has been added to the issue type scheme as well.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2022

My guess is that you've got 14 issue types in the issue type scheme, and then another 18 sub-task types.

Nikhil July 4, 2022

@Michael Thompson - Just take a peep at your Script-runner behaviors. There will be one hiding somewhere that is hiding/restricting these issue types to make them visible on the create issue screens.

Go over each one every behavior you have and see the script that could potentially do this.

Michael Thompson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2022

Thanks folks, this problem is resolved for our instance. The problem on my end was a behavior

Suggest an answer