Issue type: Sub-task mysteriously converted/promoted to a standard type.

Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2017

So I'm not talking about individual issues being converted but the actual Sub-task issue type now shows up as a standard issue type.  I'm working with a new customer and novice admins so I'm not sure how it happened.   It is a relatively new setup so no subtasks are currently created.   Is is safe to delete and then recreate the Sub-task?  Is there anything hardcoded to that Sub-task class/id?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2023

Hi @Brent Webster 

You can't simply promote a subtask to be a standard issue type. Someone could rename the old subtask and have created a new standard task with the same name. And most likely moved all issues to the new task.

I would recommend for you to create a new subtask with you name of your liking, and move then back to being a subtask. However, the most difficult task will be to find out which the parent task was.

How many tickets are there?

Suggest an answer