Issue tracking by JIRA on scram board.

Eitan Mizrahi June 24, 2017

Hello,

I have started using JIRA yesterday, watch some tutorial, and realized that the new JIRA has no AGILE title on the menubar, and some of the tutorial may be irrelevant.
(I see one on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_V69q6CLPs, but I can hardly understand, because I couldn't see many of the feature/buttons on that youtube tutorial). 

I have the JIRA Software on cloud.

I am looking for how to add visibilaty on BOARD (As I realized it is the scram board) to show the steps of the issues (to do, in progress, done).

Also, some common visuality, like Agile sprint burndown, and common charts I may use (but I cannot find, since there are not free of charge plug-ins).

What may be the bests basic charts (or views) that I may use for jira agile administration?
I want some samples how doing that step by step.

Please, advise.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2017

Hi Eitan,

Some of the youtube tutorials you see may be old especially if they're talking about JIRA 6.x or any previous version.  There is a good JIRA Cloud Administration guide that you can find here.  From what I see in the video you provided it appears some of the menu options are just in different locations which can make following some of the videos you find online hard/impossible.

Here are a couple resources you can use that speak of more recent JIRA versions:

How to start with Jira Scrum FAST

If you have Lynda, a good link is the Learning JIRA Software course.

Finally, here is a list of all the gadgets you can add to the dashboard.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer