Issue statistics show incorrect data for multi-select custom field types

xinan liu February 12, 2014

Just like this question:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/140796/pie-and-issue-statistics-show-incorrect-data-for-multi-select-custom-field-types

but in my version's JIRA, the Pie shows the correct data, only the Issue statistics show incorrect data. Is it a bug? How can I fix it? My JIRA's version is 6.0.4.

Here is the snapshot, both gadget use the same filter, but show different number of Issues.

Thanks very much.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2014

It's right and wrong at the same time, and I think there's a bug in the "issue statistics" gadget. But the bug is actually in the wording, rather than the counting.

If you look at your data carefully (manually counting stuff), I think you will find you have 68 issues in the filter.

Some of these issues have more than one item selected for the multi-select field, so although you have 68 issues, you actually have 82 items of data.

So, I suspect both sets of numbers are correct! The pie chart is telling you "there are 68 issues", but the issue statistic is saying "there are 82 issues", when it means "there are 82 data points across 68 issues".

As a more simple example, imagine you have a multi-select field called "colour". You have issues:

• abc-1: Red
  • abc-2: Green
  • abc-3: no colour set
  • abc-4: blue
  • abc-5: red, green and blue

In this data, there are 5 issues, but the answer to "how many colours are logged" is "7: 1 none, 2 red, 2 green and 2 blue"

Suggest an answer