Issue-specific discussion wiki

Joel Parker September 25, 2013

Our team uses JIRA to track all of its issues and tasks. Some of these are just small bug-fixes, and others are larger areas of new development.

What I really want is a way to host a discussion of a specific issue, perferably in a wiki-like form. This would be used to spec out how we're going to solve it, or what various tasks are involved, etc.

We also use Confluence, so we could implement this by creating a new "ID-### Discussion" page for each of these bugs. But it seems like there must be a better way.

Other things I can think of are:

• Allow everyone to edit the issue description and use it as a scratchpad.
  • Allow everyone to edit a single designated scratchpad comment.
  • Everyone adds separate commments, and the final solution shows up at the end of the thread.

How are other folks doing this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kim Poulsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013

We discuss in the comment track. Whatever is the final result is annotated back to the issue description before it enters a sprint. Then the comment track continues with updates during the work in the issue.

This keeps the history of *how* we got there. This sometimes proves valuable when someone comes around asking "why on Earth did you do this and that...". All which is needed then is: "Let me link you to the issue my friend."

Suggest an answer