Issue security type

Corey_Tabb October 16, 2019

Hi There i am trying to use the Issue security type levels but it won't allow me to choose which security level on a ticket I have Jira standard plan which allows me to use this feature I am the Jira site admin for this company I have the highest level on Jira you can have no one can down my permissions why wont jira allow me to select the security level i have two different levels but when i go to select them i get the option of none.

4 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

Hi @Corey_Tabb ,

Can you please check whether you group or role associated with Issue Security value or not. Please find below screenshot for your reference.

For example , if you are not part of Group (atlassian-addons-admin) you won't be able to see issue security values like High or Low and you will end up with only one value as None.

Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 6.46.47 PM.pngThanks,

Avinash

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

Hi @Corey_Tabb ,

Please refer to the following post.

You can't edit project permissions, roles, or issue-level security on the Free plan for Jira Software or Jira Core. Find out more about how project permissions work in Free plans. To take advantage of Jira's powerful project permission management features, upgrade your plan.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-issue-level-security-776636711.html

I used that page to set up the issue security but it doesn't say why I would not be able to choose the level of security when I have the permissions to do this.

I have created the security scheme and two levels in that security scheme and when i got to create a ticket and choose the level of security it just displays none as the only option we have Jira standard plan aswell so from what I know we shouldn't have an issue they should display up the levels of security I have created the security scheme is associated with the correct project aswell

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2019

Hi @Corey_Tabb 

Can you choose it after add a single user(yourself)?

TIM截图20191017095353.png

Corey_Tabb October 17, 2019

Hi ollie, unfortunately, no I can't I have tried making a new issue security scheme as well to see if that would work and nothing I have tried will allow me to choose the security level

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nisha Hajamohideen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2019

Please check if your role/group has access to Set Issue Security in your permission scheme.

Only users with permission to Set Issue Security will be able to set issue security.

I had set the permissions to anyone with admin permissions can change it and I have admin permissions in that project but I still don't get an option to choose the level of my security

0 votes
Corey_Tabb October 21, 2019

thank you, everyone, who was helping me on this I am not sure what changed and what allowed me to now select the option but after trying everything all you lot suggested something changed and it worked so thank you to everyone I am not sure who's tip fixed it but all working now.

Suggest an answer