Issue security - Permission to Reporter

Hi,

I am using 3 levels of security.

L1, L2, L3.

Default Security Level L1.

If L2 or L3 Level Users are triggering any issue, it is not visible to them until we modify the security level to L2 or L3. How can I resolve the issue.

Regards,

Sivaram.

1 answer

1 accepted

You need to add the reporter to L1 security level. A user (L2,L3) will only see issues of L1 where he is the reporter, other issues of L1 won't be visible for him.

I have 3 users x, y, z.

Security Level 1 : x (Default)

Security Level 2 : x & y

Security Level 3 : x, y & z

I don't want to show every thing to z. So, I am controlling it by using Security Level 1.

This is default for all the issues.

When z create a issue, system by default assign Security Level 1. Which is hidden to z.

z is the reporter. So, I would like to show the issues created by z.

How can I make it.

Giving permissions to z at  Security Level 1 is not going to solve my problem.

Give permission Security level 1 to user x and to issue role reporter. So an issue with this level can be seen by user x and whoever reported this issue . User z will only see issues of level 1 when he is the reporter of an issue.

Thanks. It is resolved.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,755 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot