Issue search by project returns wrong results

Briana February 5, 2016

I've created a new project (Features/FET) and migrated tickets to this project. All workflows and configurations work as designed. 

However, when I search for issues using project = Features I get results from a completely different project (Product Management/PMP)!

Using the project key FET in the JQL returns the correct results. Selecting the project in basic search mode returns the correct results. 

This only happens when using JQL and the project name (with or without quotation marks around "features"). If I switch back to basic mode after doing the search in advanced, the incorrect project (PMP) is selected in the dropdown.

Re-indexing did not resolve the problem.

Help!

1 answer

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2016

Try deleting the indexing caches and search again. It is an indexing issue.

What happens if you type project =Fea   (does the system automatically suggest you project Features? ).

Also worth checking if you have browse issue permissions on Features project by going in and checking the permission scheme that is applied to the Features project,

Here are the steps to delete plugin caches

1. Shutdown JIRA instance
  2. Delete the contents of the JIRA Home Directory\plugins\.osgi-plugins directory
  3. Delete the contents of the JIRA Home Directory\plugins\.bundled-plugins directory
  4. Delete the contents of the JIRA Installation Directory\work directory
  5. Restart JIRA instance
  6. Try to perform the re-indexing

Rahul

Suggest an answer