Issue screen - remove "More Actions" ?

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

Hi all,

On the Issue screen(the page it takes ou once you create an issue), is there a way to remove the "More Actions" button next to "Assign", "Comment"?

Our main objectve is to get the "More Actions" button to appear only once the status of the issue has changed from "open" to "In Progress"? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

The only way to accomplish this is to edit the "issue operations plugin"

1 vote
Nikola ILO
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

Hi Warren,

you can remove the actions globally through disabling the plugin system modules in your plugin manager.

Your main objective is not so easy to achieve and you will probably will need a custom plugin to do this. Follow the tutorials on http://developer.atlassian.com or contact an Atlassian Expert (Partner) for help.

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

Oh shucks, i thought there was perhaps another method. Thanks anyways, it will just have to stay where it is! Thanks

0 votes
Avinash Gautam February 27, 2018

Hi All,

I have typical requirement of hiding the "Move" issue option for certain issue type and it should be moved when it is in particular status. I followed the below link to disable the option for single project:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.3.1/jira/fragments/HideUIElement.html

But i only want to disable this Move option for particular issue type in certain status. Could you  please help me with this. Thanks!

--Avinash Gautam

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2018

"Move issue when in certain status" - that tells me your process is broken.  Move should only be used when something was created in error in the wrong place (or issue type).  It's not a trivial thing to do and should not be part of a process.

However, hiding the "move" option is quite easy and you don't need script-runner to do it.  Edit your workflow, and put workflow properties on every status you want to prevent move on.  From memory, jira.permission.move.group = jira-administrators for example would limit it to admins only.

Suggest an answer