Issue screen going blank

K Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2012

Has anyone else experienced a project's Issue screen going blank? This occurs with three of my projects, ever since there was an indexing problem that occured with a Greenhopper plugin update that Atlassian did on our OnDemand instance.

Atlassian support just keeps telling me the system needs to be updated and it will 'fix' itself. But, the screen will go blank even when adding a new issue to these projects (which happens every day), and we use that screen often.

Am curious if anyone else has experienced this and if so, did they determine what the root cause was or how to fix? I've escalated in support - but, am getting frustrated as we are training new managers on the use of Jira and its benefitis -- and this doesn't show Jira in a good light.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
K Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2012

According to support, the issue transpires when you hide the Component field in a field configuration that is associated with a field configuration screen.

We don't use component on every project, thus, we hid it.

If you unhide it, it won't fix your issue. You have to go into that project and bulk edit every issue that does not have a component and set one to an arbritary component and then do another bulk edit to clear it.

Suggest an answer