Issue screen going blank

Has anyone else experienced a project's Issue screen going blank? This occurs with three of my projects, ever since there was an indexing problem that occured with a Greenhopper plugin update that Atlassian did on our OnDemand instance.

Atlassian support just keeps telling me the system needs to be updated and it will 'fix' itself. But, the screen will go blank even when adding a new issue to these projects (which happens every day), and we use that screen often.

Am curious if anyone else has experienced this and if so, did they determine what the root cause was or how to fix? I've escalated in support - but, am getting frustrated as we are training new managers on the use of Jira and its benefitis -- and this doesn't show Jira in a good light.

1 answer

1 accepted

According to support, the issue transpires when you hide the Component field in a field configuration that is associated with a field configuration screen.

We don't use component on every project, thus, we hid it.

If you unhide it, it won't fix your issue. You have to go into that project and bulk edit every issue that does not have a component and set one to an arbritary component and then do another bulk edit to clear it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,888 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot