Issue regarding resolution field.

nayanvmehta August 3, 2014

Hi,

I have designed workflow based on some 4-5 states, like open, Resolved, Reopen, Reject and Closed and I want to use the same as a resolution field. I am not letting user to enter the resolution field.

I used update field functionality of the workflow to update the resolution field based on state transition and the same is used(I guess) to decide whether issue is resolved or not(In reports and other Issue screens).

So when the issues are reopen I want the resolution to be Unresolved. I tried keeping it none but it didn't workout.

Please suggest some solution.

Regards,

Nayan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

As it looks like, you are using or you would like to use your own workflow, with

two "add resolution" transitions (Resolved, Rejected)
one "clear resolution" transition (Reopen)
one "accept resolution) transition (Closed)

For the steps "Resolved, Rejected" you need as post function the edit issue field resolution and then select the corresponding resolution. The process will be, that after the transitition the issue field resolution will automatically be set to the selected resolution.

Note:
For the "Resolved" transition you need a "Resolved" resolution, normally not there in Jira out-of-the-box.
For the "Rejected" transition you need a "Rejected" resolution, normally not there in Jira out-of-the-box.

For the transition "Reopen" you need as post function the edit issue field "Resolution" and field value "None". The process will be, that after the transitition of the issue Then the Resolution of the issue will be cleared. A "cleared" resolution is an unresolved resolution. This is handled automatically by Jira.

Note:
If you are not allowing users to select a resolution manually, you should remove the Resolution field from the transition screens, if you are using a transition view.

I hope, this answer was helpful and not too long.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2014

You need a post function to clear the resoluution when you use the "reopen" transition. Use the "update field" post-function that is built in - it should display "Clear the resolution", not "set it to none"

Have a look at the default built-in workflow that you cannot edit, that uses it on re-open, so it's a good example.

Suggest an answer