Issue not created

kA February 24, 2014

Hi friends,

i added the new issue type, screen and workflow for already created project. Initially i included the "Assignee" field in the screen and then trying to create the issue. The issue was created. Then i removed the Assignee field instead of it i added the "user" field(custom field) into the screen. Then i added the following post function in the workflow during the "Create" Transition.

"The field Assignee will take the value from User. Source and destination issue are the same. "

But it is through the following issue when i am trying to create the issue:

Assignee: The default assignee does NOT have ASSIGNABLE permission OR Unassigned issues are turned off.

How can i solve the issue,please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik A.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2014

Basically, this isn't going to work as it is.

In order to create the issue, Jira has to have valid data, so it checks everything and stops you before you commit bad data. Your post-function needs the issue in-place before it can do anything with it, so it's not getting that far.

If you leave the assignee off the screen, then Jira will use the default rule for the project, and in this case, it can't because you've configured a broken one.

Your best best is probably to allow unassigned users. Or, if that might cause problems elsewhere, change the rule in the project to default to "project lead" (you might need to make them assignable in the permission scheme), and then your post-function will override it for you later.

Suggest an answer