We recently upgraded from JIRA4.4 to 4.4.5 and are having issues with the column width of the issue navigator. The columns are very wide which makes viewing of data difficult as scrolling is needed for each field. This issue occurs on IE8 (that we observed so far).
We hav also faced same issue. Later with lot of R&D and experiments was able to re-solve the column width issue inthe Search results. Below are the steps followed.:
1. Navigate to the path where decorators directory is available.
$ cd /<installation path>/atlassian-jira-4.4.5-standalone/atlassian-jira/includes/decorators/
2. Open the file headers.jsp in Vi editor and edit the Meta tag as below:
Exisitng Meta tag:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />
Updated Meta tag:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" />
3. Save the file headers.jsp
4. Restart Jira
Please take a backup of the .jsp file before you modify.
Hope this helps! It worked for me.
Thanks it helps me too, but in a quite different way as in the Harish's response.
1. there is no headers.jsp file but header.jsp ;
2. however the file to modify is header-deprecated.jsp ;
3. the change must not be IE=9 (because IE=9 is equivalent to IE=edge), just change it as IE= (with no value)
4. finally, do not restart Jira since the JSP is reloaded automatically.
Hope this helps,
Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG