Issue navigator not returning JIRA issues

Karthik Bhat January 6, 2013

Hi,

I am using JIRA 5.2 and I have created a new project in JIRA along with some other ones. When I try to create an issue in this new project, the issue gets created. But when I search for that issue in Issue Navigator, I get nothing.

What could be the issue here? If I type the issue id (like DOC-1) in quick search bar, I can see the issue. But the same is not visible through issue navigator.

Please help!

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2013

Reindex once

Do you have any post function in the create transition that is making issues with the indexing?

Nope :(

Reindexing throws this error:

2013-01-07 03:28:39,468 JiraTaskExectionThread-1 ERROR admin 208x15880x1 19tii9n 192.168.117.51 /secure/admin/jira/IndexReIndex.jspa [jira.util.index.CompositeIndexLifecycleManager] Reindex All FAILED. Indexer: DefaultIndexManager: paths: [/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/caches/indexes/comments, /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/caches/indexes/issues, /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/caches/indexes/changes]
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getValidators() on null object

I am calling a groovy script which will check for the custom fields values before closing an issue. But this groovy script is called for a workflow which is not associated with the current project.

I also have added behaviours but I have not mapped the current project to these behaviours.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2013

Then should not affect. Reindexing helped?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2013

Suggest an answer