Issue navigator, 'Ranking' column, purpose and how to enable

Sean O' Connor September 3, 2012

Using Jira and Greenhopper

In Project settings - General, Ranking is enabled

'Rank' column is visible in Issue navigator and I display this

There is also a 'Ranking' column available which I have selected

The column is showing in the table but says "Disabled"

What is the purpose of this column in comparison to 'Rank' and how do I enable it

Many thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2013

Hey there, Sean.

I believe that you might have 2 different Rank fields for your GreenHopper that causes you to be able to view both columns via the Issue Navigator. One of the reasons (that I can think of) why the Ranking field is Disabled could be due to that you are making use of the Rank field for your GreenHopper boards rather than the other.

Hence, the Ranking field is not used and it will not have any values to display, eventually causing it to disable. You can check on your GreenHopper configuration depending on the usage of board on your side:

1. Rapid Board (Scrum and Kanban): Check your board's filter whether it is using Rank field
  2. Classic Board: Check your board's configuration and see whether the Rank field is added or not

Hope this helps and feel free to get back to me on this.

Warm regards,

Danial

Sean O' Connor May 19, 2013

Hi Danial,

Thanks for your reply

Our boards are set up to use Rank

What I would like to understand is the difference between the two fields please

0 votes
Sean O' Connor May 14, 2013

We managed to sort it out. thanks

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2013

Hey there again, Sean.

That is great news. Glad to know that you managed to get it resolved. You are welcome.

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer