Issue linking in the Gantt-Chart with drag and drop blok dependencies

MarcoC October 21, 2012

When I create 2 subtask, I related them with a issue link like "Bloks" for setting that I have to do one before the other.

My first question is: where is specified the function "block" (if it is specified), or it is only a name without nothing function under it?

Because in the Gantt-Chart (JIRA Gantt-Chart Plugin by Frank Polscheit) I can see the line between the 2 subtask, and this in exactly what I want.

But I want also that in the Scrum of the GreenHoppe Plugin, when I use the drag and drop for move the issue in the different state, that if the sub-task "B" is blocked from the sub-task "A", I can't drag and drop the sub-task "B" in the "In progress" status until the sub-task "A" was in the "Done" status.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012
Hi Marco, within my Gantt-Chart AddOn for Jira, you determine a dependency between issues: they are shown on the screen and are used to do semantically correctly re-scheduling. Generally, the four Gantt dependency types (Finish-Start, Start-Start, Start-Finish and Finish-Finish) are used for that, but you are not forced to this created, new dependency types as you can map any Jira issue dependency type to one of the four Gantt types within my Plugin configuration. The "Blocks" dependency is one of Jira's default dependencies, but Atlassian has not put any explicite functionality to it nor other. Using additional Plugins, you can add such behaviour like block parent issue's workflow in case of open sub-issues. In your case above, I suggest TO use a Jira Workflow Validator to avoid execution of the next workflow step if the linked issue of link type "block" is not in status "open". Regards, Frank
MarcoC January 6, 2013

Thank you!

Marco

Suggest an answer