Issue linking in the Gantt-Chart with drag and drop blok dependencies

When I create 2 subtask, I related them with a issue link like "Bloks" for setting that I have to do one before the other.

My first question is: where is specified the function "block" (if it is specified), or it is only a name without nothing function under it?

Because in the Gantt-Chart (JIRA Gantt-Chart Plugin by Frank Polscheit) I can see the line between the 2 subtask, and this in exactly what I want.

But I want also that in the Scrum of the GreenHoppe Plugin, when I use the drag and drop for move the issue in the different state, that if the sub-task "B" is blocked from the sub-task "A", I can't drag and drop the sub-task "B" in the "In progress" status until the sub-task "A" was in the "Done" status.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes
Hi Marco, within my Gantt-Chart AddOn for Jira, you determine a dependency between issues: they are shown on the screen and are used to do semantically correctly re-scheduling. Generally, the four Gantt dependency types (Finish-Start, Start-Start, Start-Finish and Finish-Finish) are used for that, but you are not forced to this created, new dependency types as you can map any Jira issue dependency type to one of the four Gantt types within my Plugin configuration. The "Blocks" dependency is one of Jira's default dependencies, but Atlassian has not put any explicite functionality to it nor other. Using additional Plugins, you can add such behaviour like block parent issue's workflow in case of open sub-issues. In your case above, I suggest TO use a Jira Workflow Validator to avoid execution of the next workflow step if the linked issue of link type "block" is not in status "open". Regards, Frank

Thank you!

Marco

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

449 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you