Issue linking JIRA with Stash

Nil Plana February 3, 2015

Hi, I'm trying to configure link of JIRA and Stash for test and possible for buy in not much time.

I get an issue when I'm linking these two services:

stash.PNG

And then also shows that:

stash2.PNG

I don't know what is the problem or how to know which problem is it? I tried some different configuration of server.xml of both services. Is there a solution?

1 answer

0 votes
RPandyaram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

Hi,

There is a mismatch of the base url that is used to configure and what is mentioned in your server.xml probably. please update your base url exactly what is mentioned in your server xml.

Which tag? only I have the url on <Connector tag an attribute is proxyURL. Is it that? Or on <Engine tag?

RPandyaram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

Please check the context path and here is some helpful stuff: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+the+Server+Base+URL

Ok, but if I configured with a subdomain? What can I write into path of context?

RPandyaram
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2015

Hi Nil, If your applications are running behind firewall, dont change the server xml, rather use the same data updated as base url at the applications and try to integrate. This might help. :)

nilpix February 3, 2015

Thanks for your attention. But I don't understand much what are you saying. Do you mean that use the same port? More information for it helps to solve it. My configuration: jira.mydomain.com under port 8080 and stash.mydomain.com under 7990. Firewall is disabled into my server. And into Context (path="") because I don't know what I must to write inside if I'm working with subdomains. Is it right my configuration? What I'm doing wrong?

CruzinUSA
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2015

Hi Nil, You'll need to know how your network is set up to really resolve this issue. You shouldn't have to change too much in the server.xml Are you using a proxy or is the url being rewritten at all? The applicationURL must be able to communicate both ways, JIRA is unable to communicate with Stash thus why the application git seems to be online.

I'm using a proxy. In both says the same: "Application git(stash)/jira seems to be offline. Maybe both are unable to communicate. Here server.xml if it helps: http://jsfiddle.net/nilpix/2e664rvy/. The jira server.xml is quite similar.

Suggest an answer