Issue-level Security question

Roy Chapman October 31, 2014

I am playing around with Issue-level security.  I have created an issue secuity scheme called "Client Data".  I have added two security levels ("Contains Client Data" and "No Client Data") and I have added permissions for both ("Contains Client Data" has permission for reporter and a group, "No Client data" has permissioned for jira-users (i.e. all users)).  I have added "Client Data" issue security scheme to the Project Permissions and it converted the existing issues when I associated, setting them to the default.

But I can't see the field when I create or edit an issue.  I know if is there because when I try remove the scheme (I tried to back out and re-apply) it identified the x number of issues that it had associated as well as the 1 extra issue I had created as a test.  This extra issue had a value of nothing as I can't see it to apply the value.

Any idea where it hs gone?  I have looked for the field with the field finder but it is not listed there.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2014

Can you check that you have the permission to "set security" in the project?  If you don't, it will hide the field from you.

Suggest an answer