Issue key not found exception

Neha Sharma March 7, 2018

Hi,

JQL supports the IN operator to search for any object in a given list. So, I have this requirement to search all issues in a list of issue ids. But JIRA throws an exception even if one of the issue ids is invalid in the list. Shouldn't it return the information about the other issue ids that were found? Or is there any other way to achieve the required results.?

Thanks,

Neha

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2018

It's rare that "key = x" is a useful search.  When it is useful, there's no reason for a user to enter an invalid key, and they should be informed that the issue they've tried to name is not there.

So, no, you shouldn't expect a search for "load of stuff I am totally guessing about and hoping might do something with a partial result that I don't understand because I'm missing information" to work.

Neha Sharma March 8, 2018

I faced the issue while making JIRA API calls using JQL. Where it should have returned results for valid keys, but it returned an exception if any issueKey was invalid.

However, I noticed something strange. When we make the same JQL query and use lowercase for the keys, e.g "abc-1" instead of "ABC-1", it gives results instead of the exception.

Strange yet working. You can check and confirm.

Thanks, 

Neha

Suggest an answer