Issue is marked as fixed after reopen

Maya Zimmerman August 23, 2012

Created a task with several subtasks. One of them was put on resolved and a green checkmark appeared on the main task site (correct).

But: after changing the status back to new, the check mark still remains.

1 answer

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2012

Does your workflow blank out the "resolution" field when you use "reopen"?

Maya Zimmerman August 23, 2012

What do you mean?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2012

Exactly what I said. Look at your workflow. Does it clear the "resolution" field when you use the "reopen" transition from "resolved" to "new"? The tick-flag comes from that field.

For more info on workflows and a better explanation that I can give, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow

Maya Zimmerman August 26, 2012

When you change the Status, you have the possibility to also change the resolution. If you don't change the resolution it seems to change automatically.

But now I see: When you change to Status "Back To To Do", then you have the possibility to have the resolution "Done". That does not match,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2012

On a re-open transition, you should make sure it uses a screen (or doesn't have one at all) that does not include resolution, and clear it with a post-function.

Suggest an answer