Issue in importing issues using CSV import wizard

Saurabh Sharma May 6, 2012

I am using JIRA CSV import wizard to import the issues. Could you please tell me the proper format for importing comments

with commenter name and date for JIRA 4.0.2 version.

Can I also import the Issue Id with this import.

I am having situation like there are issues starting from key Project-5 and I have to restore issues with ID from

Project-1 to Project-4.

Thanks

Saurabh

2 answers

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2012

With a little scripting and using the JIRA Command Line Interface, you can preserve issue ids. This was important for me to keep the links to commits correct. Migration from Plugin Studio has some info and soon will have some of the scripts documented.

1 vote
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2012

Hi Saurabh,

As mentioned on previous thread. Here is the information in regards to importing comments using CSV

If a row contains more columns than there are header columns, then the excess columns will be added as comments (though see JRA-7672).

In regards to your second query, importing issue or restore I think you could not retain the issue ID as the CSV importer will create a new issue ID.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer