Issue history shows user key instead of username

Norbert Weber April 16, 2015

In our issue history appears:

full name [ user key ]

It shows the user key which is the original username (username was changed recently).

Is there an option we could config?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Norbert Weber April 16, 2015

Thanks for your reply.

I forgot to say: This happens even after an user was renamed and changes an issue.

Chris Rogers December 7, 2015

I am also seeing this issue and it's causing some weirdness when we're trying to do LDAP queries with the JJupin plugin. 

• Basically user account was something like flintstone1
  • is changed to flintstonef
  • flintstone1 shows up in the history tab both on issues created prior to the change (which makes sense for historical purposes) and issues created after the change (which doesn't make sense)
  • LDAP query fails because that username doesn't exist (it's been changed)
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2015

No, the system records the user's unique ID at the time they made the change.  Removing or renaming a user breaks the link in the history.  I think there's an issue logged with Atlassian to cover renames somewhere, but I don't have it bookmarked.

Patrick Jones April 22, 2015

I'm having this issue also with renamed users. The documentation on user keys does mention that they should not be exposed, instead the username should show. https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/latest-updates/developer-changes-for-older-jira-versions/preparing-for-jira-6-0/renamable-users-in-jira-6-0#RenamableUsersinJIRA6.0-Whentousethekey,whentousetheusername Is there any issue in to fix this display?

Suggest an answer