Issue history report

Hi all,

I have a requirement to generate a report which contains sprint history for a given set of issues.  So let's say issue PROJ-1 was created and associated with Sprint 1, but then Sprint 1 was closed and PROJ-1 was not completed, so PROJ-1 got moved into Sprint 2, which got closed and PROJ-1 was still in "Dev In Progress" so it got moved into Sprint 3, which closed and PROJ-1 was completed during this sprint.  The report should be exportable to Word/Excel and will be run by non-technical people so any SQL- or JQL-based query is pretty much out - I would need a plugin with this report  where the users can just click on it within a project and get the results (think Velocity Report or Sprint report or...).   We have ScriptRunner, and that has functions which show added and removed from sprints, but the result shows the list of issues but not the date/time the issues were added/removed, and an export from the Issue Navigator won't include issue history.

So the report would show something like:

PROJ-1   Story   Current status:  Done (17JUN2017)

Added to Sprint 3:  01JUN2017  Status at that time:  Dev In Progress

Added to Sprint 2:  01APR2017  Status at that time:  Created

Added to Sprint 1:  01JAN2017  Status at that time:  Created

There are tons of Jira reporting plugins, but based on the descriptions, I am not seeing anything that would provide this type of output (effectively dumping an issue's history for an entire query result set of issues).  Is there a reporting plugin which already provides a similar report?

Thanks!

-Greg

1 answer

Ah, may have spoke too soon!  I just found the PDF View Plugin, which may provide exactly what I am looking for.  I will download the free trial and check that out!

-Greg

I'm a developer of the PDF View Plugin.

You may also want to look at our Better Excel Plugin, which works along the same philosophy, but produces XLSX output.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

741 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you