Issue history report

Greg Fischer June 22, 2017

Hi all,

I have a requirement to generate a report which contains sprint history for a given set of issues.  So let's say issue PROJ-1 was created and associated with Sprint 1, but then Sprint 1 was closed and PROJ-1 was not completed, so PROJ-1 got moved into Sprint 2, which got closed and PROJ-1 was still in "Dev In Progress" so it got moved into Sprint 3, which closed and PROJ-1 was completed during this sprint.  The report should be exportable to Word/Excel and will be run by non-technical people so any SQL- or JQL-based query is pretty much out - I would need a plugin with this report  where the users can just click on it within a project and get the results (think Velocity Report or Sprint report or...).   We have ScriptRunner, and that has functions which show added and removed from sprints, but the result shows the list of issues but not the date/time the issues were added/removed, and an export from the Issue Navigator won't include issue history.

So the report would show something like:

PROJ-1   Story   Current status:  Done (17JUN2017)

Added to Sprint 3:  01JUN2017  Status at that time:  Dev In Progress

Added to Sprint 2:  01APR2017  Status at that time:  Created

Added to Sprint 1:  01JAN2017  Status at that time:  Created

There are tons of Jira reporting plugins, but based on the descriptions, I am not seeing anything that would provide this type of output (effectively dumping an issue's history for an entire query result set of issues).  Is there a reporting plugin which already provides a similar report?

Thanks!

-Greg

1 answer

2 votes
Greg Fischer June 22, 2017

Ah, may have spoke too soon!  I just found the PDF View Plugin, which may provide exactly what I am looking for.  I will download the free trial and check that out!

-Greg

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2017

I'm a developer of the PDF View Plugin.

You may also want to look at our Better Excel Plugin, which works along the same philosophy, but produces XLSX output.

Suggest an answer