Issue has a strange sprint status

Greg Sanderson June 24, 2020

I created a Kanban board to show all issues in the backlog, the JQL is this:

project = FR AND Sprint is EMPTY AND resolution = Unresolved AND status != Closed 

All non completed issues not in an active or future sprint show perfectly fine and have done for months, except one problem today. The problematic issue was in the active sprint and I selected to move it to the backlog (right click on the card). 

When I selected to move to backlog, Jira seemed to put it in a previous sprint (sprint 8), although this is weird as at that point it showed in the default backlog - maybe this is because it was not closed/resolved? At this point it still didn't show on my Kanban board.

The Sprint field on the issue showed "none +1" which no other issue does, they just show "none".

Having tried to update the Sprint field to remove the issue from a sprint, which always seems to work fine, I tried a bulk update on the issue to move it to sprint none. The latest history on the problematic issue from a bulk update is this:

"Sprint 8 -> None"

It still wont show in my Kanban board yet should match the JQL.

On my Kanban board filter, if I remove "Sprint is EMPTY" the issue shows up in the results. So Jira is not setting the sprint on this issue to empty.

I have no unmapped status on my kanban board.

Any advice?

1 answer

0 votes
hernan.gonzalez November 16, 2020

Same here.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin