Issue creation through email and auto response

Allvy Software Solutions September 3, 2014

what is procedure to raise an issue through email,and how to configure autoresponse to user when raised an issue.

3 answers

2 votes
Cody Crandall November 29, 2017

Hey Allvy,

This is about three years late but whatever. In jira's current version (v7.3.8) this can be done with a two step process.

1. Set up mail handler. You will need to configure an imap address to use. There is already a lot of documentation about that if you google around for it. 

2. Edit the notification scheme for that project to send reporters a copy of the issue on creation. 

Tabatha Mathis March 4, 2018

Cody,

Thank you for your reply! I am a ServiceNow admin that has just been tasked with this.  Notification schemes seem delicate and mind boggling to me.  Can you provide more details on how to do this without disrupting the rest of the notification scheme? 

I'm stuck on how to notify a reporter if they have "My Changes: Do not notify me" set.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2014

Jira has some basic "email handlers" which import issues from incoming email. For an "autoresponse", you set up Jira to send email to the "reporter" when an issue is created.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

0 votes
Allvy Software Solutions September 3, 2014

can you please suggest about this issue

Suggest an answer